Assistant/Associate Professor of French
Overview: The Department of Modern Languages invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of French. This is a full-time teaching position with additional responsibilities related to the academic program, reporting through the department chair to the Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities. (Starting in the 2018-19 academic year, this is a three-year appointment with the possibility of renewal or conversion to a tenure-track position if program goals are met.)
Qualifications: PhD in French preferred.
- Teach all levels of French language and Francophone literature and culture
- French proficiency at the ACTFL Advanced High level or above required in both French and English
- Strong teaching record
- Experience abroad in French-speaking areas required
- Native or near-native proficiency in French and English
- Commitment to undergraduate liberal arts education, responsibilities may include courses for general education
- Successful candidates will have a commitment to program development, the willingness to engage in student recruitment, and the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to teach German a strong plus (must have ACTFL intermediate high level in German)
To Apply: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP. When submitting your application, please upload a cover letter, curriculum vita, teaching philosophy and evidence of effective teaching. Recommendation letters are not required at this time. Please direct any questions to Jenny Steele, employment coordinator.