LOS ANGELES CITY COLLEGE
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Los Angeles City College. The Board is seeking a well-qualified candidate with strong grounding in academic and student services programs and a thorough understanding of the primary mission of the community college, which includes transfer and vocational education, as well as basic skills preparation and community service programs. The College seeks a visionary president to lead the campus into the next decade. The candidate must thoroughly understand the role of an urban community college and the dynamics within the multi-cultural community it serves.
• A master's degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application.
• Two years of successful full-time experience in a senior leadership position in education, business, industry or government, preferably as a college or university administrator.
• A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of district faculty, staff and students.
The current salary range is $191,197 – $236,860 annually. Employee benefits include 15.5 paid holidays and 24 days paid vacation annually, comprehensive medical/hospital, dental, and vision care plans, and a $50,000 group life insurance policy.
FILING AN APPLICATION
To review the full brochure and to apply for this position, applicants are required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account, allowing documents to be saved and uploaded as attachments. The application address is https://laccd.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=6&id=359.
All applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed LACCD application.
2. A current resume of professional experience, educational background, and other pertinent information.
3. A letter of application of no more than six pages. Address in this cover letter how your skills and experiences have prepared you to successfully meet each of the challenges and issues identified by LACC faculty, staff, and students at a recent Chancellor's Forum. (details can be found at LACCD application address listed above)
4. Copies of transcript(s) (official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview).
5. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications after March 2, 2018; however, late applications may be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the first reading, applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm on March 2, 2018.
For additional information, contact LACCD Human Resources at (213) 891-2290; email@example.com
For confidential inquiries or to forward nominations, contact search consultants Community College Search Services:
• Dr. Eva Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org; 805-660-1527
• John Romo at email@example.com; 805-698-7987
LACCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.