Housing and Residence Life Coordinator
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Housing and Residence Life Coordinator position. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Students, this individual is responsible for the implementation of the Residence Life program on campus, including supervision of the 14-15 Resident Advisor (RA) Staff, and working with the resident student population to foster a vibrant residential community experience. The Coordinator will collaborate with select offices/departments across campus that interface regularly with residence life; admissions, athletics, facilities & maintenance, and others. Additionally, this position will coordinate all associated logistics of the 3 on-campus residence halls (476 residents) and 1 off-campus townhome complex (75 residents). The Coordinator serves as the primary on-call staff member for after-hour residence hall issues and, due to the nature of the position, may be required to work outside of traditional office hours. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Senior Director of Student Engagement. This is a 12-month live-in position. An efficiency apartment is provided on campus, as is meal-plan for the dining hall.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the student Resident Advisor (RA) staff.
- Train RA staff in promoting Dominican Ideal of “Community” among resident students.
- Work with residents in resolving roommate challenges or conflicts.
- Support the RA staff in developing an active social calendar of activities for the resident student population.
- Coordinate with student activities in promoting programming and events on campus.
- Provide visible, physical presence within the residence facilities and on campus.
- In conjunction with Office of the Dean of Students, implement residence hall policies and procedures and ensure effective communication of policies to students.
- Coordinate the logistics of all residence facilities; process housing applications, room assignments, and oversee res-hall openings and closings.
- Ensure that residence hall furniture and equipment is maintained.
- Collaborate with Events Management Staff to coordinate use of residence halls for conferences and programs in summer months.
- Work with Associate Dean of Students to monitor expenditures for annual budget.
- Respond to current and prospective students regarding housing questions/concerns.
- Procure and monitor routine services for residence halls i.e., pest control, furniture rental and moves, and other services and goods as necessary.
- Produce housing-related data and reports pertinent to resident students.
- Ensure the website is kept updated and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to tactfully and professionally handle student problems and needs while maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred in Student Personnel Administration, Counseling, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience directly related to residence life preferred
- Current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required and must be maintained during employment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications, and internet browsers and tools.
- Working knowledge of database systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to consent to background investigation.
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by February 9th, 2018; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.