DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING, LAW SCHOOL
Duties: Penn Law is one of the oldest and most distinguished law schools in the United States. We offer a distinctive cross-disciplinary legal education, drawing on the depth and breadth of the University of Pennsylvania, and a supportive intellectual community for scholars and students alike.
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Director of Development at the Law School. The Director of Annual Giving has direct and primary responsibility for creating, implementing, administering and managing programs, staff and volunteers to meet the Law School's $3.0 million annual giving goal. This program is expected to grow at a minimum of 4 percent per annum. The Director of Annual Giving will manage a prospect pool.
1. Oversees the following Programs: Reunion Giving; Non-Reunion giving; Benjamin Franklin Society; Young Benjamin Franklin Society, Class Agent Program; Penn@Work, GOLD program, 3L Gift Drive; Telemarketing and Direct Mail, which includes the design and drafting of approximately twenty direct mail solicitations and e-solicitations.
2. Identifies, develops and manages an annual giving prospect pool. The minimum gift ask is $25,000 over five years for both restricted and unrestricted purposes. It is expected that the Director of Annual Giving will make 150 personal visits per fiscal year.
3. In collaboration with the Stewardship Team creates a robust and compelling stewardship plan for Annual Donors.
4. In collaboration with the Alumni Relations Team creates a yearly plan for engaging young alumni.
5. In collaboration with the Reunion Team creates a marketing campaign including Spotlight emails for Reunion fundraising and attendance
6. Supervises Assistant Director of Law Annual Giving and one support staff person.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 3years of fundraising or related experience included but not limited to marketing; sales; admissions and/or career planning; preferably in a higher education or university setting. Outstanding written and oral communications skills. Demonstrated success in program and personnel management. Occasional overnight travel and some evening and weekend work. Valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 90-27795
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing