Donna Manning Endowed Faculty Chair for Nursing
Job no: 492525
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: School of Nursing
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Sep 19 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The UMass Lowell Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing is seeking an outstanding leader and researcher for the tenure-track position of the Donna Manning Endowed Chair for Nursing at rank of Professor. The Endowed Faculty Chair will lead research and mentor faculty in the Solomont School of Nursing. The Solomont School of Nursing's major research focus is health promotion across the lifespan, at the individual, family and population level. Major areas of expertise of current faculty members' research include: gerontological and geropsychiatric mental health nursing; nursing workforce diversity; health equity in care of the underserved; occupational health; global health; and nursing education.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, in a rejuvenated former mill city, UMass Lowell has experienced dramatic growth in research funding, total endowments, and student enrollment over the past eight years. It is a Carnegie Classification Doctoral University - Higher Research Activity and conducts more than $65 million in sponsored research annually.
The Solomont School of Nursing is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields. Faculty research ranges from the lab bench to clinical interventions and community projects. Research programs with significant funding and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The College is a leader in interprofessional education, research and practice opportunities for faculty and students. Opportunities for research linkages exist with other UMass Lowell Colleges, Research Centers and across the 5-campus UMass system.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- The Endowed Chair is expected to have a record of significant and current external funding.
- Consistent publication history in peer-reviewed, high-impact journals
- Graduate teaching experience
- A vision that will help position the School to be prominent on the national stage
- Candidates must have evidence of academic experience in mentoring faculty in the areas of scholarship, research, and teaching
- Candidates must hold an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution
- Be at, or have credentials consistent with, rank of Professor
- The candidate must hold an active RN license and be eligible for a Massachusetts RN license
- 10 or more years in academia
- Leadership on national professional societies
- Editorial board experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please submit a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, research statement, copy of three recent research publications, research accomplishments and future plan, and a list of all research proposals for the past ten years including the title, agency, funds requested, and abstract.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.