Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Posting Number: 201301253P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, may require some evening/weekend attendance for student events.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/17/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under general supervision provides intermediate level and confidential administrative support to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education. Represents the Office as the initial contact with all University and external constituents.
1. Serves as initial contact for all who interact with the Undergraduate Education “Department” of the Office of the Provost, communicating through many different means with individuals from all organizational levels of the University, local community, government, major businesses and professional leaders and benefactors in a professional and congenial manner.
2. Performs administrative duties for academic administrators using working knowledge of the Provost’s Office policies, procedures and practices.
3. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice.
4. Takes meeting minutes for review and/or distribution.
5. Supports the development of and assumes responsibility for process/task tracking and records management system:
•Receives all requests directed to the Vice Provost Office (phone, email, verbal, etc).
•Logs and tracks all incoming issues in sophisticated software system making changes or updates as needed; maintains records management system for office.
•Communicates status of processes/tasks to Vice Provost.
•Prepares and sends status response to requestors.
6. Works with the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and on occasion the Provost’s Office Administrative team on projects and office-wide tasks in either support or lead role, depending on the nature of the project.
7. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for office personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
8. Provides budget and accounting support:
•Processes accounts payable and/or reimbursement requests in timely manner.
•Reconciles and processes Pro-Card activity and statements.
•Runs monthly budget reports from internal system, reviews with supervisor and processes any changes or adjustments requested.
9. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders office’s supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
10. Responds to varied constituencies on general inquiries and provides information to those the Vice Provost serves.
11. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually.
12. Coordinates Provost’s Office calendar of events and ensures office personnel are updated with current University information.
13. Organizes Vice Provost Office events including coordinating catering, locations for meetings, guest lists, transportation, and all logistics (e.g. equipment set-up as well as technical support, payment to vendors/accounts, manages event expenses, serves as primary department contact and coordinator to campus departments/units as necessary, and arranges for guest or presenters to ensure their needs are met).
14. Provides technical support to Vice Provost on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of web-site.
15. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
16. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours, may require some evening/weekend attendance for student events.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11299
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.