Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III
Posting Number: 201301249P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/19/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position supports the functions of the Office of the Dean by performing a wide variety of administrative support activities for the Dean and his/her office. Serves as a liaison between Dean, students, faculty, the University, and external community as well as leaders among other support staff. The position functions under minimal general supervision, independently performing challenging work in a high volume, fast-paced environment. The functions listed are representative of duties typically performed by this position. Staff may perform some but not all and/or may be assigned additional duties specific to unit.
1. Provides administrative support to Dean and his/her office in a variety of functions/areas that may include but are not limited to:
2. Provides Dean/Office with a variety of budget and financial support:
3. Coordinates logistics for meetings/events, commencement and other activities which may include catering service, technical support, meeting invitations, guests list, presenters, speakers, meeting venues, transportations and others both on and off campus.
4. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves issues requiring knowledge of unit. Maintains office filing system including hardcopy system, electronic system and various databases.
5. Prepares letters and correspondence for retention, tenure, and promotion as well as contracts for Non-tenure track appointments.
6. Hiring of graduate assistants and work study students; approves timesheets for temp casual/work study employees; collect, review and approve all staff timesheets for each pay period.
7. Oversees unit’s administrative tasks to ensure unit runs efficiently and timely.
8. Attends various school or university-wide meetings acting as school/Dean’s representative and upon request may serve on various committees.
9. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of web-site.
10. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Min $17.17 per hour to Mid $22.48 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11304
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.