Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, College of Medicine - Phoenix
The University of Arizona (UA) College of Medicine – Phoenix (“College”) invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean for Finance and Administration. In April 2017, the University of Arizona appointed a new and dynamic Dean, Dr. Guy Reed, to lead the College of Medicine – Phoenix. Under his leadership, the College of Medicine will embark on an ambitious strategic planning process that will lead to the creation of a new and bold vision. To accelerate the University of Arizona's upward trajectory and its commitment to the four pillars of education, research, clinical partnership, and community service, the College of Medicine seeks candidates who are entrepreneurial, inspirational, and innovative.
THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – PHOENIX
Located in Downtown Phoenix, the College inspires and trains exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders to optimize health and health care in Arizona and beyond. Since its inaugural class of 24 students in 2007, the College has experienced tremendous growth and now admits over 80 students per year, with a total enrollment of over 330 students. The College has approximately 96 campus faculty, more than 1,365 community faculty, and an annual operating budget of over $100 million. As one of the main partners in the world-renowned Phoenix Biomedical Campus, the College of Medicine is uniquely positioned to accelerate the biomedical and economic engines in Phoenix and the State by leveraging vital relationships with key clinical and community partners.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
The University of Arizona is a premier public research university, ranked among the best in the world. The UA is rooted in rich history and tradition with a vibrant and thriving community on the cutting edge of education, discovery and impact. With a population of 43,600 students, the UA has a reputation as a global leader in the preparation of students for life beyond graduation. As a proud member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), the UA is at the forefront of research with a constant drive to advance the frontiers of interdisciplinary scholarship and entrepreneurial partnerships. Bringing more than $606 million in research investment each year, the UA ranks 21st among all public universities. Additional information about the University may be found at the UA's website: http://www.arizona.edu/
Reporting directly to the Dean of the College, the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration is responsible for all budgetary and administrative activity in the College of Medicine - Phoenix including an annual “all funds” operating budget of over $100 million. The Associate Dean is a key member of the College's senior leadership team responsible for annual budgeting, strategic financial planning, and development/deployment of the administrative infrastructure. The Associate Dean is the Principal Business Officer of the College and will plan, direct, and manage all business affairs, including analysis and management of college-wide budgets, program development, and initiation of new college financial strategies, policy development, financial reporting, and mission-based business development in cooperation with affiliated clinical partner hospitals, health systems, and physician practice groups.
- Bachelor's degree and seven years related experience, including experience in the following areas: leadership, business and financial planning, operations, and management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Direct work experience in an academic health center or College of Medicine setting involving business, finance, and administrative operations related practices and procedures.
- MBA or Master's degree in Health Services, Business, Administration, Public Affairs or related field or equivalent; OR
- C.P.A. and seven years of progressively responsible experience in an academic medical center, health care organization, health sciences college, University, or related entity with direct administrative and leadership experience.
- Five to ten years senior management experience in a major research university and/or academic medical center.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Practical experience in implementation and operation of Responsibility Management (RCM) budget practices and principles.
- Progressive responsibility and experience in management of grant, contract and clinical activities.
- Advanced skill using accounting/financial software applications, and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading change initiatives, formulating policy and development and implementation of new strategies and procedures.
APPLICATION AND NOMINATION PROCESS
Applicants must submit a current resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submission of materials via email is strongly encouraged. Nomination letters should include the contact information of the nominee. All nominations and applications will be handled in strict confidence. Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Electronic submissions are preferred
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer to code “UA-ADFACOMP” in the subject line
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. M/W/D/V.