Undergraduate Admission Recruiter
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for an Undergraduate Admission Recruiter. An Admissions Recruiter is responsible for effectively managing a geographic territory; developing and utilizing a strategic plan to assist in the recruitment process; and representing Chatham University during on and off-campus events. The Undergraduate Admissions Recruiter is also responsible to identify, recruit, admit, and enroll academically qualified students in accordance with the philosophy of the University. The person in this position will keep in frequent contact with students, parents and counselors from his/her territory, demonstrating a level of understanding and sensitivity to the needs of all students. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and serves as a member of the Office of Admission Undergraduate Admission Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages recruitment territory as assigned by Director of Admission/VP of Enrollment Management in order to reach recruitment goals.
- Travels to high schools, college fairs and community based organizations or businesses in order to recruit students.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations at on-site visits.
- Maintains flexible office hours on-campus and off-site during which time he/she is available to interview students, review applications, evaluate pertinent documentation and make admission decisions on assigned student applications.
- Maintains contact with applicants utilizing all available communication tools to ensure completion of the application and to increase yield of accepted students.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with high school stake holders (guidance counselors and administrators), community-based organizations and business personnel.
- Assists in all on-campus recruiting events.
- Counsels students and their families on programs, services, and financial resources available at Chatham University.
- Makes regular reports concerning status of recruitment and the current enrollment of undergraduate students.
- This position requires daytime and overnight travel during specific periods of the year.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years admissions and/or external sales experience.
- Experience with selective academic and athletic recruitment preferred.
- Knowledge of TalismaCRM and CampusVue student information systems a plus.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
The Search Process:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a cover letter summarizing interest and relevant background for the position, a current resume, and a list of four professional references noting relationship to the candidate, email and phone number.
Learn more about Chatham University:
For a detailed job description and to apply, interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process.
Nominations and expressions of interest will be treated with confidence.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer