Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Benefits Coordinator reports to the Sr. Associate Director, Benefits Administration and provides administrative support to the Benefits Administration team. Additionally, incumbent will provide exceptional customer service to the University’s employee population consisting of faculty, administrators and union personnel.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer service to employees on a wide range of employee benefits related questions, including but not limited to health, dental, retirement, flexible spending, life insurance, long term disability, tuition, FMLA, PFL, disability and workers compensation.
- Processes benefits-related enrollments, changes, and terminations in the University’s Human Resources Information System (Banner) and third party vendors where applicable.
- In partnership with the Sr. Benefits Specialist, oversees COBRA and Adjunct administration through third party administrator.
- Conducts new hire benefits orientation.
- Works with providers and third-party administrators to resolve questions, problems and claims issues and work to ensure quality service.
- Assists with the planning and oversight of the annual open enrollment period.
- Manages the benefits email in-box and responds timely to inquiries and/or forwards to the appropriate benefits personnel for resolution.
- Assists with maintaining and updating content on benefits website and benefits communication portal for benefits education.
- Assists with the processing of tuition remission and tuition scholarships forms and requests.
- Audits and submits for processing all insurance carrier billing/invoices.
- Assists with the processing and tracking of all medical leave/FMLA/PFL requests and workers compensation claims, including maintaining and updating the OSHA log.
- Perform other Benefits/HR projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in Human Resources, specifically in the area of Benefits Administration.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Technical proficiency in one or more HR Information Systems (Banner preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Word and Excel.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Benefits Coordinator in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.