Career Coach and Internship Advisor, Instructor
Provide professional counseling to students on an individual and group basis; counsel students with personal, social, academic, educational and career concerns; administer and interpret the results of assessments; provide psycho/ educational programming;; provide crisis intervention expertise as necessary; conduct campus wide workshops; serve on various college committees; teach academic credit courses as required; be involved in professional organizations; seek leadership roles in professional organizations; and perform related tasks as required
The Career Coach and Internship Advisor position is a student-facing role in the Department of Career Planning and Development, focused on students in the Coles College of Business (with specific focus areas being: the School of Accountancy, the Department of Information Systems and Information Security and Assurance, and the Hughles Leadership and Career Program). This position will be physically housed in the Coles College of Business, while reporting in to the Department of Career Planning and Development.
This position will advise and coach students, collaborate with faculty and staff members, and also serve as an instructor in the BUSA 2150 course. As a result, we are seeking candidates who are collaborative, solution-oriented, and who have a positive growth mindset. Specific duties are as follows:
- Serve as a part of CPDs Advising Team, meeting with students in the School of Accountancy, and the Department of Information Systems, and Information Security and Assurance, seeking guidance on career choice, career preparation, internships, co-ops, and other career-related topics
- Coordinate the processing of internships and co-ops for the School of Accountancy and the Department of Information Systems, and Information Security and Assurance
- Schedule and conduct optional presentations on various topics that support the School of Accountancy and the Department of Information Systems, and Information Security and Assurance
- Assess gaps in career-related offerings for Coles students, in collaboration with the Career and Internship Advisor assigned to the Departments of Marketing, Management, and EFQA in the Coles College
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director of the Hughes Program
- Serve as an Instructor for BUSA 2150 under the leadership of the Executive Director of Undergraduate Programs, and participate in meetings to discuss curriculum revisions and content development
- Manage and grade course assignments that are not automated
- Address student concerns / questions within the course
- Work with Course Coordinators, and partners around campus to create new content as needed, and explore new technological platforms, etc. to ensure HLCP remains a dynamic and innovative program
Minimum Pay: $47,476.00
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Master's degree and 5 years of related work experience. Experience utilizing career and personality inventories is essential.
Masters degree is required, and preference given to degrees in Business, HR, Org. Development, and related fields
Experience with teaching (online platforms preferred)
Experience with career advisement and coaching