Full-time Faculty, specialty pediatrics
Position Title: Full-time Faculty, specialty pediatrics
This full-time faculty position is for an experientially qualified and nationally certificated individual in pediatric nursing. This individual will coordinate and teach pediatric content in the undergraduate nursing program. They will be responsible to plan clinical schedules and oversee pediatric curriculum in the classroom and clinical settings. Qualities that are desired in the candidate include: commitment to the mission and philosophy of North Park, strong communication skills, experience in curriculum development and evaluation.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing, doctoral preparation preferred
- Preferred candidate is nationally certified as a pediatric nursing practitioner
- 3 to 5 years of acute and/or primary clinical experience
- Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher
- Prefer experience in curriculum development and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Registered nurse licensed in the state of Illinois
- Eligible for rank of Assistant or Associate Professor
Rank and Salary:
Rank and salary commensurate with background and experience
- Support the mission and philosophy of North Park University and the School of Nursing
- Assume responsibility for developing and implementing curriculum in the pediatric course
- Promote a professional growth environment for baccalaureate students, faculty and staff.
- Serve as advisor to the undergraduate students
- Develop and implement innovative teaching in nursing, including simulation experiences and skills development
- Serve on the Baccalaureate Academic Program Committee and other school and university committees as assigned.
- Prepare reports on the progress of the pediatric course
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Undergraduate Program and the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Send applications to Alexandra Blanchard firstname.lastname@example.org