Admission Reception and Visit Coordinator
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students with over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
The Office of Admission is seeking a full-time professional to serve as the Campus Reception and Visit Coordinator. This leadership position requires a high energy, positive and extremely detailed individual who is responsible for coordinating prospective undergraduate and graduate student campus visits in order to enroll a high-quality, diverse student body. The successful candidate must possess strong skills in diplomacy, tact, and discretion and be able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment with changing priorities and multiple responsibilities and disruptions. Candidates who do not have direct customer service experience should have strong communication and clerical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets visitors and students and determines the nature of their need or request in order to provide high quality information and service;
- Acknowledges and responds to all visit requests in a timely and courteous manner;
- Creates schedules for individual and group campus visits by coordinating faculty, coaches, staff, and admission counselors from across campus for high quality personalized campus experiences;
- Uses sound judgment and knowledge of department and university policies, procedures and operations to respond to customer questions. Directs non-routine requests to appropriate personnel in a timely manner;
- Inputs student visit requests and updates to student records into student information system according to established procedures;
- Coordinates multiple downloads from external data sources processing daily communication;
- Properly prepares correspondence to campus visitors confirming details of visit with high attention to detail;
- Completes routine reports related to inquiries, campus visits, budget, special programs, student ambassador schedules, and other facets that impact student visits;
- Functions as first point of customer contact and operates a multi-line telephone console in order to relay incoming and outgoing calls;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Well-developed administrative support and communication management skills.
- Professional work experience in customer service or related field preferred with the proven ability to think critically and meet deadlines while managing competing demands.
- Knowledge of Microsoft environments including Word and Excel required. Knowledge of CampusVue database system and Talisma CRM or other student information system or event management system preferred.
OFFICE HOURS: Standard office hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm with a one hour lunch (Monday through Friday). Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter summarizing interest and relevant background for the position, a current resume and a list of three professional references noting relationship to the candidate, email and phone number.
Applications should be submitted online:
Learn more about Chatham University:
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer