Assistant Director of Advancement Services
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The Assistant Director of Advancement Services oversees the Foundation Scholarship management process. The Assistant Director provides proactive and directed prospect research to identify potential donors, volunteers, and engaged community members. The Assistant Director will provide stewardship to donors effectively communicating the University and Foundation’s appreciation and gratitude for their support. This position will interact and provide assistance to donors, students, recipients, applicants, parents, and University employees.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Foundation Scholarship Management software (AcademicWorks).
- Review and interpret applicable principles, federal and state laws and regulations regarding public institution distribution and management of Foundation Scholarships.
- Train Scholarship Selection Committee and other campus partners on use of Foundation Scholarship Management software.
- Assist with the determination and identification of Foundation Scholarships awarded annually and prepared relevant correspondence.
- Assist donors, parents, students and prospective students with inquiries.
- Ensure the distribution of scholarship award letters.
- Provide a high level of stewardship to constituents including the distribution of annual donor appreciation letters and endowed statements.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the Annual Scholarship Recognition Dinner.
- Execute, prepare and distribute technically sound accurate and informative reports from Banner and other reporting tools.
- Assist in the process of new fund creation
- Provide prospect research as identified by the Associate Chief Development Officer or other designated authority.
- Identify and streamline scholarship processes and update Foundation Scholarship website and Scholarship Management software timely, as needed.
- Actively test Banner upgrades and changes.
- Serves on ad hoc committees and/or participates in other college events.
- Attends and/or represents Stockton University at conferences, meetings, seminars and to the public as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and two years job related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.