Program Developer, Executive Education Administration
Responsible for developing a pipeline of profitable new business for Executive Education programs with a strong and primary emphasis on selling custom programs. This position will also provide some limited support in recruiting business professionals for public programs in order to build the pipeline of opportunities for custom programs. The successful candidate will have experience meeting sales goals and will foster client satisfaction with the Daniels College of Business
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the business development process.
- Meet annual sales targets.
- Contribute to the development of an annual sales plan identifying new clients and cross-selling opportunities for existing clients.
- Follow up and qualify leads generated by marketing programs and through Daniels College contacts.
- Work with lead faculty to conduct business strategy sessions with target clients and prospective participants to assess executive and management development needs.
- Develop and execute effective sales call management strategies including pre-call planning and outcome identification, learning needs assessment, articulating education programs with corporate learning needs, managing objections, post-call follow-up and reporting using Salesforce.com.
- Represent Daniels at community organizations and corporate events to cultivate relationships.
- Support the development of strategic partnerships.
- Cross-sell programs by collaborating with other faculty and staff.
- Understand corporate marketing and sales cycles.
- Perform company research and market assessments.
- Measure results of various business development strategies.
- Work with director and program faculty to prepare program proposals and cost/profit models to ensure appropriate contribution margins to the Daniels College.
- Work with director to define program objectives and agenda, identify faculty, and develop needed program materials.
- Contribute to the development and execution of integrated marketing plans and competitive positioning strategies.
- Contribute to the development of various marketing content including Web and printed support materials.
- Support the Public Relations aspect of the marketing plan by working with faculty and staff to write articles and case studies on executive programs.
- Evaluate economic and business data, and maintains superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends.
- Contribute to the development of strategic market plans and market assessments, including ongoing local, regional, national and international market assessments.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans for Executive Education.
- Contribute to the research and creation of new and continuing program and service areas for executive education (e.g., customs programs, consulting, executive coaching, workshops)
- Contribute to the development and sustainability of the organizational plan to support the growth programs.
Program Management and Evaluation
- Work with faculty, program manager and client to ensure program objectives are met.
- Oversee the delivery and outcome of executive education programs by collaborating with faculty, establishing an excellent relationship with the client, overseeing program logistics facilities and contracts, and evaluation.
- Manage the outcome of executive education programs, and assist in making course corrections as necessary.
Administration and Operations
- Manage and sustain systems for efficient business development processes.
- Manage and track business development related expenses.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 years of program development or professional service sales experience.
- Experience in a sales environment with quarterly targets and consistent process for tracking sales pipeline.
- MBA or equivalent degree.
- 6+ years of work experience in business development for corporate, non-profit or University.
- Experience with Salesforce, social media, email marketing tools, and other online applications.
Candidates must apply online through dujobs.org to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.