Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator - College of Engineering Administration (A1800034)
Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants for the position of Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Engineering Graduate Programs, the Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for marketing, recruitment, and communications across the various Master of Engineering (MEng) curricula, working closely with faculty and staff within the College of Engineering to promote MEng degree programs. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and evaluation of comprehensive marketing plans to promote MEng programs.
- Develop marketing brochures that can be used in print and electronic formats to promote MEng programs, including online options.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive web and social media presence that markets MEng programs and services as a resource to current MEng students, including a weekly or bi-monthly newsletter to highlight upcoming events and general advising tips.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive recruitment plan, including attendance at (physical or online) recruitment fairs that focus on the professionally-oriented Master's degree space, and organization of local events that encourage Engineering at Illinois undergraduate students to stay an additional year to complete an MEng degree before pursuing their career.
- Develop email-marketing campaigns to reach prospective students, including alumni and graduating seniors who may wish to complete the program part time.
- Communicate success stories of Engineering at Illinois MEng students through news releases on the MEng website and departmental websites.
- Maintain relations with MEng alumni and track where students go after graduation. Establish a Linked-in site.
- Some travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Communications, Education Administration, Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- Two years marketing, communications, or recruitment experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work with students and faculty from diverse background) and demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and web maintenance programs.
- Minimum of three to five years' experience with progressive responsibility in a corporate or university setting.
- Experience working with international graduate students or executives.
- Familiarity with graduate program policy and procedures.
The Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by February 11, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman at email@example.com or 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator - College of Engineering Administration (A1800034)
Open Date: 01/19/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration