Administrative Consultant (Assistant to the Chief of Staff)
About This Role:
The Assistant to the Chief of Staff reports to the Chief of Staff and Director of Community Relations, or COS, within the President’s Office. The Assistant to the Chief of Staff will assist the COS in efforts to coordinate community affairs for Kansas State University representing the President’s Office on issues related to the City of Manhattan, Riley County and the region.
This position requires proven years of experience in project management, demonstrated effective organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The incumbent will be a self-starter with skills to advance, manage and complete the necessary follow-through for an entire project. This position will be responsible for assisting all units reporting to the COS as well as coordinating and implementing projects, monitoring progress, evaluating, adjusting and adapting as necessary when conditions change.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and five to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, proven critical thinking skills, ability to respond to daily challenges while staying focused on long-term goals, ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with diverse groups of individuals.
- Four years of demonstrated progressive experience in project management and allocation of resources in a complex organization, extensive computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- cover letter
- at least 3 professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.