Project Assistant (Beef Cattle Institute)
General Description of Position: The Beef Cattle Institute (BCI) with the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Project Assistant. This position will assist the BCI Director with select projects as well as assist the BCI Project Coordinator with the planning and production of online training modules including script writing, module development, and recording at conferences. This position will also assist the Research Director with data collection and validation of research projects as needed, which will include but not be limited to data capture, data entry and validation. Coordination of research project events may also be assisted by this position. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Job Description: - Assist the Project Coordinator with the planning and production of online training modules. This will include script writing, module development, and recording at conferences.
- Assist the Research Director with coordination of research project events, data collection and validation for research projects as needed this might include but not limited to data capture, data entry and validation.
- Assist the Beef Cattle Institute (BCI) Director on projects at his discretion.Required Minimum Qualifications: - High School Diploma
- One year experience working with individuals, groups and co-workers to accomplish individual and/or group goals Preferred Qualifications: - Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Agricultural Communications or related field
- Documented success in professional positions with increasing responsibilities
- Commitment to personal professional development
- Self- Motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision, balancing multiple projects
- Proficient in Excel with experience in SQL and Adobe Premiere Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Screening of Applications Begins: Screening begins immediately Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 14.21 - $ 21.31 per hour Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.