This position reports to the VP Finance & Administration/Executive Director of the Foundation. The role of the position is to manage the day to day activities of the Foundation including alumni and donor management; gift reporting; records management; donor solicitation, recognition, and tracking; and special event management. The Director will strengthen the relationships and connections between the college donors and alumni by serving as the primary contact for gathering alumni demographics, stories, backgrounds and interests. This information will be used by other college departments for their project and strategic initiatives.
This position is responsible in managing specific committee efforts. This responsibility requires oversight of various committees to ensure progress consistent with the Foundation and College organizational mission and strategic objectives.
- Supervise office staff, student workers, and volunteers.
- Design and manage systems to track and report benchmarking information to monitor Foundation progress meeting mission and strategic goals.
- Coordinate marketing and communication efforts for the Foundation.
- Represent the Foundation at community activities to enhance the organizations community profile.
- Establish and maintain a positive and productive relationship with college faculty/staff and the Board.
- Participate on all Foundation committees as an ex-officio member.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external contacts and donors to attract and maintain donor support.
- Review and ensure that all policies are up to date.
- Reconcile receipts in donor database with Business Office records.
- Alumni Management - Manages all functions of alumni development serves as the contact person for alumni, parents, and other interested in information, Oversight of college's Distinguished Alumni program
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and integrate with college priorities and Foundation goals. Implement and maintain the annual giving program
- Solicit scholarship funds for college students and work with prospective scholarship donors. Oversee the scholarship process including Scholarship night. Coordinate activities with district school superintendents, principals, counselors, and STEM teachers to promote STEM scholarships and the college's scholarship program.
- Develop annual timelines for various fundraising events. Oversee the planning, publicity/marketing, implementation, execution, and evaluation of special events.
- Support Foundation Board functions by assisting in the preparation of agendas, meeting minutes, reports, and responding to requests for information. Work closely with Executive Director, College President, and Foundation Board executive committee on Board related issues. Monitor and meet all Federal, State, and other governmental reporting needs of Foundation as a 501 © organization.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited higher education and four (4) years' experience working in a nonprofit or in a development role for a higher education institution; OR
- Associates degree from an accredited higher education and six (6) years' experience working in an administrative position for nonprofit organization or in a development role for a higher education institution; OR
- Ten (10) years of significant industry/nonprofit experience and/or professional certification; OR
- A combination of education and/or experience in nonprofit work or development for a higher education institution.
- Experience with public presentations, event management, donor software, publications and supervisory responsibility.
- Direct experience directing the operations and fund raising for a nonprofit organization, or for a development operation for a higher education institution.
- Certification as a fund raising professional (i.e. CRFE - Certified Fund Raising Executive)
- Experience in planned giving
- Direct reporting to a governing board and working with board committees
- Donor cultivation and solicitation
- Planning and implementation of Annual, Capital, and Special Project campaigns.
- Nonprofit website and social media platforms
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements regarding 501©(3) organizations.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population and maintain a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent listening, problem solving and critical thinking skill.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competency and database experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.