Business Intelligence Developer
The Business intelligence (BI) developer implements the business intelligence systems for Hamilton College. This position is also a leader in implementing and maintaining data governance strategy and tools.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence data backend, including data warehouses and data lakes.
- Build interfaces between the business intelligence systems and other college information systems to maintain a timely and accurate integration of data.
- Collaborate and work with data analysts in various departments to ensure that data meets their reporting and analysis needs.
- Provide technical guidance for design and implementation of data governance systems and policy.
- Keep abreast of new business intelligence technologies; make periodic recommendations for department and campus initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 2 years experience managing data warehouse and/or business intelligence systems. An advanced degree or certifications in a related field is a plus. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with, data warehouse technologies and the management of database servers.
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, SQL-based database systems, and/or other enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- Experience working with APIs, Web Services, JDBC/ODBC connectors, and other integration technologies is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of data governance and data policy for an enterprise environment. Experience with the Data Cookbook model is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a diverse and inclusive community.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Above average customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be able to communicate technical information (both written and verbally) to technical and non-technical people in a supportive and meaningful way.
- Must embrace learning and working with constantly changing technology.
- Work collaboratively within our team, the department, and the across the college.