Curriculum Fellow position for MD-PhD Training
Institution: Harvard Medical School
Location: Boston, MA
Category: Faculty - Science
Type: Full Time
The Harvard Medical School Curriculum Fellows Program (CFP) is seeking a post-doctoral Curriculum Fellow (CF) who will provide teaching curriculum, student oversight, education research, and administrative management support for the Harvard/MIT MD-PhD Program at Harvard Medical School. Our overall mission is to train the next generation of premier physician-scientists, with representation across a rich diversity of clinical disciplines and research areas from basic and translational sciences to bioengineering to the social sciences. We serve over 175 students at various stages of training across two medical school curricula, 5 medical school advising societies, 3 clinical clerkship hospitals, and over 25 different PhD programs across Harvard and MIT.
The MD-PhD CF will work directly with the MD-PhD Program Director and interact with program faculty, students, and staff to maximize the education, training, operations, and education research activities of the program, including:
- Develop, implement, and support academic and para-curricular activities that enhance the rigorous training and dynamic community of physician-scientists at Harvard and MIT
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing academic and para-curricular MD-PhD activities and establish a systematic approach to the collection and analysis of data to assess student and alumni outcomes
- Support MD-PhD program and school-wide student training and alumni engagement initiatives
- Collaborate on the advancement of MD-PhD education research studies, including academic publication and presentation.
- An earned M.D. or Ph.D. in biomedical sciences
- Institutional experience in medical and graduate education practices
- Postdoctoral research or teaching experience (preferred)
Job Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding writing, oral, and organizational skills
- Project or program management skills
- Motivated, independent, and creative
- Collaborative in a team setting
- Excellent social skills
- Experience working with students, faculty, and administrators
The MD-PhD Curriculum Fellow is a member of the HMS Curriculum Fellows Program, a science education community that functions as a training program for early career scientist teachers while also contributing to the development and oversight of high quality, innovative graduate education at Harvard. Pedagogical training is incorporated into the fellow’s course- and program-based efforts and includes opportunities to design and conduct educational research projects. CFs receive mentorship and career advising to support their development as educators throughout the duration of the appointment. The MD-PhD Curriculum Fellow position is particularly well suited for someone with Higher Education Administration career aspirations.
To be considered for this position, please email a single pdf document containing a letter of application that addresses your interest in and qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Please include the names and contact information of three references, who will be asked to supply letters or will be contacted by phone early in the application screening process. The CF position and its associated academic appointment is a one year appointment, renewable for three years, and is non tenure-track. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, starting immediately. The ideal start date for the position is summer 2018 or earlier at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Other available Curriculum Fellow positions
The HMS Curriculum Fellows Program is also conducting a search for a Curriculum Fellow in Quantitative Biomedical training. Applicants who wish to be considered for both positions should make their interest, and their appropriate qualifications, clear in their cover letter. More details about the Quantitative Biomedical CF position can be found at the CFP website (http://curriculumfellows.hms.harvard.edu/job-opportunities).
Address applications to:
Bradley Coleman, Ph.D.
Co-Director, Curriculum Fellows Program
Via Ms. Naima Abdullahi ([email protected])
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer.
Harvard/MIT MD-PhD Program: http://www.hms.harvard.edu/md_phd/index.html
Curriculum Fellows Program http://curriculumfellows.hms.harvard.edu