Department: Center for Online Education
Reports To: Instructional Design Specialist
Position Summary: This is a full-time position that will assist the Instructional Design Specialist with course design and development in online and hybrid teaching environments.
- Work collaboratively with faculty to design and develop online and hybrid courses as assigned by the Instructional Design Specialist.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews upon request for ongoing online and hybrid courses to ensure the systematic design of instruction.
- Assist with administrative duties including course tracking, communicating with faculty and records management of online and hybrid courses.
- Support faculty with instructional design and technical needs within use of the university learning environment.
- Assist faculty with creating storyboards/course maps, outlines, scripts and creating accessible course content for online and hybrid courses.
- Design and/or produce instructional aids for online and hybrid courses.
- Plan, develop, and teach faculty, staff, on the effective use of web-based resources and tools and multimedia technologies to implement in online delivery.
- Work with tools for teaching, including emerging technologies and online learning tools. Experience with Canvas LMS, Office 365 and LTI tools is a plus.
- Work with authoring tools, including but not limited to Camtasia and Articulate Storyline.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in a diverse higher education environment.
- Experience teaching in an online environment.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of learning materials.
- Experience creating educational multimedia.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, basic design software.
- Comfortable in Mac or PC environments.
- Experience with hardware and software relevant to instructional design.
- Experience with online conferencing tools such as Skype, Zoom, Big Blue Button.
- Bachelor's or Masters in Learning Sciences or Educational Technology or equivalent coursework or certification.
- Two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Coursework in instructional development, or related field and/or applied experience in instructional development and working in a media environment.
- Possess a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
Effective Date: 2018
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.