Lead Writer and Content Manager
Absolutely NO Recruiters
Community Foundation of Broward’s Lead Writer & Content Manager position is – first and foremost – a stellar writer and an outstanding storyteller. The ideal candidate is also an experienced strategist, with the ability to develop and execute a comprehensive content marketing plan that effectively positions the Foundation and moves key audiences to action.
Currently, most of the Foundation’s content is distributed in print format. The individual in this position has proven experience managing large print projects from creative concept to content development to design to delivery – on budget and on schedule.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone to tell amazing stories and create a strategic vision to get them into the right hands at the right time. This person is an important member of our team, and has a huge impact on how our organization is perceived by our key audiences – and our community.
This opportunity is located on beautiful Las Olas Boulevard, only a couple of miles from Fort Lauderdale Beach. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
So, can you…
- Tell a story that inspires your audience to take action?
- Deliver compelling, succinct and crystal-clear copy?
- Demonstrate why your audience should care?
- Manage big projects with ease?
- Develop an effective strategy to share content with different audiences in multiple formats?
- Remain open to constructive feedback, and patient enough to deliver the very best content possible?
If you answer yes to all the above questions – and are a writer with dazzling talent – please keep reading.
The ideal candidate loves to write. He/she is a curious and highly-perceptive professional who combines outstanding research skill with great story-telling talent – and the ability to think strategically. This is a position for a lifelong learner who is a diligent, ethical, and tenacious professional with creative flair and an attention to detail.
- Exceptional writer and storyteller
- Advanced ability to understand an audience and demonstrate our value proposition
- Generate engaging content that drives client interaction, acquisition and growth
- Think strategically and write in a broad range of voices
- Develop and execute integrated content marketing plans
- Manage large-scale print projects from start to finish
- Strong sense of creative design principles
- Manage freelance designers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Interest in all aspects of brand and campaign development, from initial concept to writing to design
- Develop and manage editorial calendars
- Complete projects on deadline and on budget
- Superior editing and proofreading skills using primarily Associated Press style
- Professionally interact with Foundation staff, Board, clients and the public
- Write feature stories, columns, advertorials, annual reports, magazine copy, direct mail pieces, marketing materials, scripts (event, radio, and video), targeted letters, white papers, special reports, talking points, case studies, newsletters, web content, blog posts and more
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Manage and update websites and social media with timely content
- Lead project teams with members from various Foundation departments
- Minimum five years professional writing or journalism experience in a professional agency, large organization or newsroom environment
- A four-year degree in writing, journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field
- Experience creating content deeply reflective of clients values, needs and desires
- Experience developing and executing integrated, multi-platform, content marketing/distribution strategies
- Spark innovation and take prudent risk
- Set the standard and rise to meet the challenge
- Honor, respect and embrace diverse perspectives
Bring Out the Best
- Value and foster talent
- Apply what we learn
- Be resourceful and commit to getting results
Unite Our Community
Community Foundation of Broward
Founded in 1984, Community Foundation of Broward helps families, individuals, and corporations create personalized charitable Funds that deliver game-changing philanthropic impact. We provide leadership on community solutions, and foster philanthropy that connects people who care with causes that matter.
Apply for Lead Writer and Content Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly