Director, Assessment and Evaluation
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Assessment and Evaluation position. The Director, Assessment and Evaluation is responsible for the administration of academic assessment and evaluation strategies and systems to foster continuous improvement in teaching and learning. Reporting to the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives & Chief of Staff, this position works collaboratively with faculty, administrators and staff, as appropriate, in developing, maintaining and conducting effective assessment activities with a goal of promoting a culture of assessment and evaluation that contributes to academic excellence.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Master's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years of relevant experience in an analytical or research role required, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to clearly communicate about assessment methods and results in non-technical language required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of educational testing, curriculum development, program review and research design and methods required.
• Ability to make data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement required.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and database software programs required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree preferably in education or social science.
• Three (3) years of relevant experience in an analytical or research role preferably in a higher education setting.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Familiarity with accreditation, as it relates to assessment, is preferred.