Business Operations Specialist
Provides entry-level coordination of the business affairs of a small to mid-sized department, college or unit. Responsible for coordinating, reviewing and assuring that business transactions follow established fiscal and procedures of the University; monitor purchasing card activity; provide assistance/support in the preparation of department budget; prepares budget amendment requests; review and approve travel reports. Serve as liaison to Business Services and other administrative units. May supervise student assistant workers.As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines. Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor degree in business, accounting or related field and 2 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong attention to detail, and Organizational skill
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and state financial policies
- Previous experience in educational institution a plus
- The preferred candidate will possess operational experience with Oracle PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 and SAS financial manage