ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DATA ANALYTICS
Duties: Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Assistant Director will have the responsibility to support University-wide annual giving initiatives in collaboration and in coordination with School and Center Annual Giving Staff. The Assistant Director will be responsible for data analytics supporting the calling programs, direct response activities and leveraging other initiatives that would benefit university-wide annual giving.
This position will partner with the other members of the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) team to foster stronger and growing relationships between the university and our constituents through the use of information. The Assistant Director for Data Analytics will use statistical analysis and data modeling tools and techniques to proactively look for opportunities to innovate and positively impact philanthropic and engagement activities.
* Leverage analytics to support the goals of school and center annual giving programs - ranging from strategy development to the application of predictive models and metrics to increase fundraising, participation, and engagement.
* Assist in coordinating the on-campus calling program in collaboration with the Ruffalo Noel Levitz partnership to leverage all possible benefits for the University of Pennsylvania. Through coordination with various user groups, determine and execute production schedules for reporting, information updating, and routine maintenance/backup of data.
* Work with school and center annual giving staff to understand their information and business needs and develop innovative and effective data analysis solutions.
* In collaboration with the Senior Director, develop and coordinate initiatives for the graduate school and center annual giving programs in support of their goals. This includes activities such as running pledge cards, coordinating mailing production and running response reports, evaluating activities and making recommendations to improve performance.
* Segment, run data for, and manage delivery process for mass emails in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Creative Communications and other digital outreach for graduate school and center annual giving efforts.
* Use database query, export, and reporting tools to extract, manipulate, analyze, visualize and report data, trends and patterns. Use data and analytics to assess existing programs and segments and make recommendations for improvement.
* Create visually appealing and easy-to-read reports that drive strategy within the division and inform leadership and partners of results.
* In collaboration with the Senior Director, meet with the graduate school/center representatives on a regular basis to maintain continuity of central services that are available to the unit-based annual giving programs. Assist in determining strategies for coverage of responsibilities during annual giving program vacancies
* Work closely with the ATLAS (PeopleSoft Contributor Relations), Reports, Records and Gifts Accounting and Administration staff to ensure the accuracy in the data transmitted to Ruffalo Noel Levitz and back to the University of Pennsylvania. Coordinate with Atlas Reports on data analysis innovations and needs.
* Assign work to administrative assistants, student and temporary workers who support School & Center Annual Giving Support.
* Where needed, in collaboration with Assistant Director of Creative Communications develop or support the review of unit-based solicitation materials.
* Assist in the orientation of new unit-based annual giving staff to the University of Pennsylvania introducing them to the core team supporting annual giving programs (Gifts Offices, RECORDs and Reports).
* Work with the Senior Director to develop a multi-year plan that outlines priority areas for investment in order to maximize the results of the unit-based annual giving initiatives.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years' experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations or related field required; experience in higher education and specifically the University of Pennsylvania preferred. Knowledge of annual giving principles and techniques preferred, particularly direct mail and telemarketing vehicles. Must be detail oriented, highly motivated and able to multi-task with changing priorities and meet task deadlines. Must possess the ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment, with a mix of colleagues and members of the broader Penn community. Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle multiple priorities with ease in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility as tasks and priorities may change based on weekly and monthly tracking meetings as well as last minute requests. Ability to quickly provide progress reports in order to contribute to data driven decision making. Enthusiasm to take the lead on new projects and initiatives; some that may fall outside the scope of the job description.
Proficiency and demonstrated expert usage of Microsoft Office Suite including: MS WORD, EXCEL, Access; additional experience using electronic communications tools such as iModules or comparable email client, content management systems for website management, electronic publication tools and data visualization tools such as Qlikview or Tableau. We are looking for a self-described technology guru with the ability to learn quickly and then implement learnings to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends to staff university and departmental events. Occasional travel required. Valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 90-27781
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School and Center - Annual Giving
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration