Associate Director, Prospect Management
Requisition # 2017-8101
Department Adv-Prospect Development &Rsch
Category Alumni Relations and Development
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University, Office of Advancement, is looking for an individual to join the Prospect Development and Research team as an Associate Director, Prospect Management. Prospect Development and Research is responsible for providing information integral to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni and friends of the University in support of the University's fundraising efforts.
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Development and Research, the Associate Director, Prospect Management will serve as an integral member of the team, providing key support to inform prospect strategy for the fundraising office, including prospect, pipeline, and portfolio management. This role works closely with the Director of the department to identify prospect development processes that support the fundraising priorities and goals of the University and is responsible for collaborating with department colleagues to coordinate the prospect development efforts of the department.
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional work experience developing, designing, and delivering prospect management, research, or relationship management services in a fundraising and/or higher education field or similar environment.
- Bachelor's degree is required for this position, Master's degree preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising and advancement operations and an understanding of how prospect management is integrated into these operations.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and the ability to think strategically. Demonstrated ability to use technology to gather, interpret, organize and present data.
- Excellent written/oral/interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Development staff, foster teamwork, and work collaboratively with others to drive results and achieve office and prospect development goals.
- Ability to identify and articulate business challenges, project objectives, and analytical approach; prepare clear, concise reports with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Extensive experience with database operations and usage, including CRM and other relational databases
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Organizational skills to handle several projects simultaneously to accommodate shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with database management, analysis, and database visualization tools preferred.
- Previous experience in prospect development/prospect management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in a discrete manner.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the values and mission of Princeton and higher education and the goals and guiding principles of the Office of Development and the fundraising industry.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.