Art Instructor - Sculpture
NWCCD values a collegial and caring academic environment. The Art Instructor will teach a number of courses for general education and in our Associate of Fine Arts degree program. These courses include Foundation courses, Sculpture, Metal Fabrication, Casting, and Wood. Other courses may be added based on instructor's passions and students' needs. Position will be tasked with running and maintaining brand new facilities with fully equipped studios including woodshop, metal shop, plaster, foundry, and forge. This individual will play an active role in growing the Art program through curriculum review and development, recruitment of students, advising of students and working with stakeholders in the community. Position may supervise student employees.
- Masters of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in Sculpture.
- Three years’ post-secondary teaching experience; community college preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required by the Position:
- Have a passion for student-centered learning and student engagement.
- An understanding for budgeting for materials and equipment.
- Commitment to student success and demonstrated ability to teach, supervise, and mentor students through their plan of study.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and management skills topped off with experience dealing with student success.
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion with a variety of faculty and community stakeholders in an environment that values collegiality and respectful-and-caring treatment of all.
- Commitment to enriching the collegiate life of the college.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population that represents a wide range of abilities and ages.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to incorporate educational technology.
- Commitment to a culture of assessment and the assessment of student learning.
- Expertise in Art Foundations and Sculpture with a strong base in Art History.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Studio situation and office setting
- Maintaining large and small studios and equipment
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu