DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING
The Director of Scheduling is responsible for developing the College Master Schedule of Courses and Classroom Usage. S/he shall:
- Prepare Master Schedules of the College's Day and Evening room, class, and faculty assignments for the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer sessions;
- Prepare the final examination schedule for the College in the Fall and Spring sessions;
- Maintain an accurate record of room capacities and characteristics;
- Direct, control and record any changes in the Master Schedule or final examination schedule which may be required subsequent to their publication and distribution, as directed by the appropriate administrative officials;
- Maintain a system of data collection that will provide a sound basis for the design of future class and examination schedules;
- Follow appropriate policies regarding teaching loads and special load requests from faculty, and calculate faculty load, including extra service and overload;
- Schedule all college and community activities that use college facilities, notifying those responsible for the event;
- Prepare and distribute the daily Events List;
- Develop and prepare the College “SuperCalendar”, in cooperation with the Registrar;
- Process Curriculum Committee-approved changes to the course catalog file;
- Supervise the Scheduling Office Program Assistant and two (2) evening/weekend Activities Coordinators;
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Staff Council;
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee;
- Participate in department, division and institutional assessment activities as required;
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: Minimum, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Previous experience in an academic setting, preferably in scheduling. Experience using Banner and 25Live Scheduling software is desirable.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter and resume, to http://www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
As part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country and a winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal's Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).