Application Services Manager
Under the general direction of the Director of Application and Web Services, the Application Services Manager manages the personnel responsible for developing, writing, implementing, and maintaining administrative applications; develops programming applications for the various platforms used at the college; is responsible for developing procedures and documentation of applications software and end-user training (where applicable); and is responsible for the testing and implementation of vendor-developed applications software and new releases.
The Application Services Manager is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
- Six to ten years experience in applications programming with at least three years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in systems development and implementation management.
- In-depth familiarity with technology applications, software and programming tools, including programming languages, utilities, fourth generation languages, system design, and coding techniques.
- Knowledge of system applications for college administration or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured systems analysis, design and implementation techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating system concepts, database systems, file and data structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured programming languages, Oracle SQL and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Have a working knowledge of Object Oriented programming and development tool.s
- Have a working knowledge of Crystal Reporting tools.
- Good organizational skills.
- Above average problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software.
- Ability to think logically and analyze complex problems.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
On call 24 hours a day - 7 days a week
Minimum Starting Rate: $74,390.00
Review of Applications Begins: 01/25/2018
Special Instructions to Applicants: To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date. Please apply online to: https://jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/1914