The Internal Auditor is responsible for the independent appraisal of the accounting, financial, and other operations as a basis for determining the adequacy of the system of internal control and ascertaining compliance with established policies and procedures of the College. The Internal Auditor of the college exercises the necessary authority delegated by the President for the financial and operational auditing of all areas of the institution. The Internal Auditor is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- 5- yrs. experience in auditing; PC literate.
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Generally accepted accounting principles.
- Generally accepted governmental audit standards, including United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars, and other organizations issuing documents or standards related to audits of government agencies.
- Principals and techniques of operational and performance auditing, audit exposure and risk analysis, research methods, program evaluation and management analysis.
- Government financial management, including budgeting, accounting, debt/cash management, treasury and purchasing.
- Management information systems.
- Research methods and statistical sampling techniques; quantitative and qualitative analysis, account analysis and reconciliation methods, work paper preparation methods and documentation.
- Financial aspects of information technology resources typical to complex organizations, such as data, applications systems, technology, facilities.
- Principles and practice of sound business communications.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
Minimum Starting Rate: $85,720.00
Review of Applications Begins: 02/01/2018
Special Instructions to Applicants: To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date. Please apply online to: https://jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/1913