Development Manager-Alumni & Planned Giving
Date: January 18, 2018
Title: Development Manager – Alumni & Planned Giving
Position Number: 853
Hours: 40 hours/52 weeks
Salary: Meet and Confer – Grade 15, $56,983
Reports to: Associate Director of College Advancement
Posting closes: This posting will remain open until filled. Screening Committee will conduct initial credential review on January 30, 2018.
This position is responsible for successfully managing the alumni relations and planned giving programs at GRCC. This position will play a key role in the expansion of the foundation’s fundraising program through alumni support, as well as developing a comprehensive plan for planned giving. This position is responsible for identifying and soliciting gifts under $10,000 as it relates to annual giving, campaigns, and event solicitations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive alumni communications and programming plan to strategically increase and solidify alumni relationships with the college.
- Develop an annual work plan.
- Strategically plan an annual calendar of events and programs tailored to attract different segments of alumni.
- Monitor alumni relations budget.
- Advisor for the Student & Alumni Philanthropy Club on campus.
- Manage web content for alumni relations.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with college faculty and staff.
- Create a comprehensive planned giving strategy. These efforts should complement overall campaign, major giving, and annual giving plans.
- Identify planned giving prospects.
- Develop educational opportunities, through print and in-person, for constituents to learn more about planned giving.
- Provide continual stewardship of pre-existing planned giving donors.
- Remain current in areas current laws and regulations governing planned gifts.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success working in a college advancement or development environment is required.
- Prior experience in higher education fundraising is preferred.
- Prior experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Must have strong project management organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to juggle several projects at once, and to meet deadlines.
- Must be self-confident, open minded, and accessible to both internal and external customers.
- Must be a positive “people person” with the ability to manage high-stress situations.
- Must possess strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess competence in software applications and programs, particularly Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Groupwise.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure. Possess mature judgment, flexibility in regards to interruptions and ability to handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing, reading and writing, listening and speaking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings and night) including occasional weekends.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Please apply at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional letters of recommendation. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document. You may upload the letters of recommendation yourself or have your supporters email them to the Screening Committee at [email protected] The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled with an initial credential review on January 30, 2018. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.