Executive Director for Alumni Engagement
Lewis University seeks candidates for an Executive Director for Alumni Engagement to have primary responsibility for the University's Annual Fund and Alumni Relations program. With oversight of a cross-functional team of employees, the Executive Director will engage and strengthen constituent relationships with the University and the annual giving effort. This position will be responsible for initiating, planning, and directing the overall mission of the annual giving effort through oversight of alumni relations, volunteer groups, and special events.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Manage a select portfolio of leadership annual fund donors and prospects.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of staff focused on annual giving, alumni relations and database management.
- Increase annual giving to the University and expand the base of community support by alumni, parents, faculty & staff, and friends.
- Develop annual plan and budget for annual giving and alumni relations programs.
- Work with the Director of Advancement Communications to develop messaging themes that can be incorporated into an integrated campus and University communications calendar which highlight and reinforce a culture of philanthropy.
- Develop, implement and monitor annual giving and engagement activities, including student, parent, faculty, staff and community events, reunion/homecoming activities, and alumni marketing and communication activities (web-based fundraising, social networks, and e-blasts).
- Establish and monitor goals, benchmarks, and year-to-year variances of engagement and solicitation campaigns.
- Develop a comprehensive donor relations program, with messaging appropriate to the donor's relationship within the giving continuum.
- Work to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects/donors at the Leadership level (gifts of $1,000+) and advance relationships into the major and planned gift pipeline.
- Provide staff leadership for the Alumni Board including meeting scheduling, agenda development, communication, and correspondence.
- Assist with the development of new volunteer structures which increase engagement and revenue to the University.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Advancement, provide briefing materials, coordination, and strategic planning for the President in preparation for voluntary board engagement.
A bachelor's degree for this position is required. The successful candidate must have experience in managing annual giving and engagement programs. Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked within private higher education and have a passion for those characteristics which distinguish a Lewis University education.
The Executive Director must also possess excellent motivational, communicative, and supervisory skills, especially experience in mentoring team members in the beginning stages of their careers. The candidate will possess an eye for detail and high-quality production, along with the ability to exercise courtesy, tact and flexibility. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of marketing and annual giving best practices, segmentation principles, and data analysis. Computer and database proficiency is required.
Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2964
Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.