Do you have experience with computer software and applications such as SPSS, Tableau, and data file management?
Can you extract data, build queries, validate data and report information?
The Data Analyst has primary responsibility for providing data and analysis to support the college's strategic enrollment management and student success initiatives.
This position reports to the Director Institutional Research.
- The Data Analyst develops and maintains data reports on a wide range of topics including student demographics, enrollment, persistence and completion.
- The Data Analyst analyzes and interprets student data to inform institutional decision-making.
- The Data Analyst works closely with the Information Systems department to extract data from the college's data systems including the student information system and assists college staff with the use and interpretation of student data.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Education Administration, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
- Two years of related experience, preferably in education
- Experience in research methodology and implementation and statistical analysis
- Experience in data extraction, query building, data validation, and information reporting
- Knowledge and experience with computer software and applications such as SPSS, Tableau, data file management, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
DIVISION/LOCATION: Institutional Effectiveness/Kenosha
COMP GRADE: TECH 12
HOURS: 40 hours/week; 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources at 262-564-2358.