Executive Director of Development
Lewis University seeks candidates for an Executive Director of Development to have primary responsibility for managing the major gifts program. The individual will be a results-oriented professional with a demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and lead a team of individuals toward common goals. With oversight of a team of four, the Executive Director will engage and strengthen constituent relationships with the University and the major gift effort. This position will be responsible for initiating, planning and directing the overall mission of the major gift program through oversight of Planned Giving, Major Gifts and Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Work with the Vice President of Advancement to establish strategic direction, develop comprehensive plans, and set real and applicable goals for the major gift staff.
- Oversee the major gift team's annual plan for achieving fundraising objectives.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of prospect pools, regions, and fundraising initiatives.
- Meet regularly with Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Academic Deans to develop strategies for top priorities and prospects and how the major gift team can be a partner.
- Personally manage a portfolio of major gift suspects and prospects, developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies in collaboration with campus partners.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Office of Advancement to create an integrated advancement operation.
- In collaboration with gift officers, develop and implement appropriate individualized
qualification, cultivation and stewardship plans for key suspects, prospects and current donors.
- Collaborate and partner with Annual Giving, Alumni Relations and Donor Stewardship staff to enhance interactions with donors and increase potential gifts.
- Plan, assign and review budget and work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met.
- Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
A bachelor's degree for this position is required. The successful candidate must have at least five years of major gift experience in soliciting five and six-figure gifts. Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked within private higher education and have a passion for those characteristics which distinguish a Lewis University education.
The Executive Director must also possess excellent motivational, communicative and supervisory skills, especially experience in mentoring team members in the beginning stages of their careers. They candidate will possess an eye for detail and high-quality production, along with the ability to exercise courtesy, tact, and flexibility. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of major gift best practices, moves management, and data analysis. Computer and database proficiency is required.
Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2958
Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.