Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
Job ID: 13698
Position # 00014547
Providing clinical service is the primary goal of the members of the section of General Obstetrics and Gynecology.
This position is expected to be filled with individuals at an academic rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Experience in Minimally Invasive Surgery or Family Planning will be given favorable consideration.
Milestones for the Position Include:
- Clinical excellence in all evidence-based practice measures
- Establish robust outpatient practice at the MOB and other outreach locations
- Produce wRVUs at FPSC General Obstetrics/Gynecology 65th percentile adjusted for clinical deployment
- Contribute to ongoing research in General Obstetrics and Gynecology and help improve the reputation of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology across the country.
- Work with faculty, residents, and staff members to improve patient satisfaction scores for your patients.
- Achieve educational ratings at the undergraduate and graduate level that are within one standard deviation of the departmental mean.
- Work in partnership with faculty and residents to ensure that the medical records for all OB/GYN patients are thorough and complete.
- Work in partnership with faculty and residents to ensure all complications and co-morbidities for General Obstetrics and Gynecology patients are accurately documented in the medical record.
- Attend Grand Rounds and monthly faculty meetings.
Applicant is required to be board certified or active candidate in Obstetrics and Gynecology; experience in a large academic health science center is advantageous.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.