Lyon College is seeking a Database Administrator to provide database and application support. The Database Administrator is responsible for maximizing the reliability, availability, security and performance of production database systems. This position will work closely with key users, the IT team, and report to the Director of Institutional Research. The candidate should have a strong understanding of SQL Server database administration, as well as the ability to learn and support other Jenzabar applications as necessary. Ability and aptitude to learn new architecture & technology is required. The candidate will also provide leadership in research, planning, and implementation of ongoing projects such as major upgrades or support process changes.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to Donald R. Taylor, Director of Human Resources, 2300 Highland Road, Batesville, AR 72501 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Administrator” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A full list of essential functions and qualifications follow.
Lyon College is an equal opportunity employer.
- Support existing student and administrative software applications, including assisting with planning of upgrades and patches, updating integration between systems and troubleshooting.
- Manage and support enterprise administrative systems and databases including but not limited to Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar Internet Campus Solution (JICS), PowerFAIDS, Schoology LMS and other applications that may integrate with the administrative and academic systems.
- Provide strategic direction of database development, data storage and withdrawal, and system interoperability.
- Write complex SQL statements, stored procedures, and functions in support of end users.
- Develop and implement procedures and protocols on database use.
- Follow-up and ensure that database related policies and procedures are in effect.
- Train others in database related practices, procedures, and functions with documentation.
- Work with key users and IT on projects assigned.
- Provide technical support to application development team and data warehouse team.
- Plan timing of upgrades, patches, and other regular support work with Jenzabar users.
- Provide support for emergency and urgent requests during business hours, and provide tier 2 support during non-business hours.
- Research, and assist with the planning and implementation of data administration or other departmental projects as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years of programming and analysis experience with emphasis in a Jenzabar environment, SQL Server database administration, and client support preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills, analytical, and technical skills.
- Self-motivated and highly engaged.
- Commitment to higher education with emphasis on small, private, liberal arts colleges preferred.
Apply for Database Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly