Assistant Director for Global Initiatives
Baruch College – Assistant Director for Global Initiatives - Office of the Vice Provost
Baruch College is a senior college in the City University of New York (CUNY with a total enrollment of more than 18,000 students who represent over 160 countries and speak more than 130 languages. Ranked among the top 1% of U.S. colleges and the No. 4 public regional university. Baruch College is regularly recognized as among the most ethnically diverse colleges in the country. As a public institution with a tradition of academic excellence, Baruch College offers accessibility and opportunity for students from every comer of New York City and from around the world.
The Assistant Director reports to and provides a wide range of support to the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives. The Assistant Director will play a key role in supporting the planning and operation of the Vice Provost Office, developing new programs and partnerships, and coordinating the College's overall institutional capacity for its global efforts. The Assistant Director will interact with multiple constituencies across the College as well as with external partners and audiences including potential donors for the global initiatives to be developed.
The Assistant Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day management of the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives.
- Establish relationships with and serve as programmatic liaison to Baruch College's three Schools (Zicklin School of Business, Weissman School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Marxe School of Public and International Affairs), and academic centers as well as Study Abroad Program Office, International Student Services Office, and International Students Recruiting Office.
- Provide support to faculty leadership in the development and implementation of global initiatives.
- Conduct related research in the preparation of analyses, reports, and presentations; manage tools to track planning and implementation of global initiatives.
- Help develop and maintain relationships with current and potential partners around the world in support of the College mission of education, research, and community impact.
- Promote and foster an academic culture of global engagement.
- Provide expertise and support in the development of international programs.
- Work together with the College's communications team to update and maintain global engagement materials online and offline.
- Maintain professional engagement and membership in professional organizations.
- Work with the World Cities World Class University (WC2) Network to enhance global partnerships and collaborative programs.
- In collaboration with the Office of College Advancement staff, pursue external grant and scholarship opportunities for study abroad and international exchanges.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Prior work experience in international and/or global programs. Second language ability is not required but a plus.
- Strong intercultural communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate with global partners and inside/outside stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong technical skills including intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
(Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
- Experience with developing and/or implementing global initiatives in higher education a plus.
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #18072. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
February 11, 2018
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.