Supervisor of Custodial Services and Campus Appearance
Job Title: Supervisor of Custodial Services and Campus Appearance
Reports to: Executive Director of Facilities/Assistant Director of Facilities
Status: Full Time; Salary
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, and direction of custodial and housekeeping staff; included, but not limited to management of cleaning of buildings and facilities. Candidate must submit and monitor work order requests, and provide customer service to ensure that campus facilities are clean and safe and provide the best appearance to the campus community. This includes scheduled daily tours and site inspections of all campus buildings, both academic and residence halls.
- Responsible for over-seeing all set-ups for all campus events to ensure that all requirements are meet per the work requests submitted for the events. Coordinates closely with the Director of Events and lead Custodial staff member to ensure all dates, times and requirements for events are satisfied. The over-sight includes, cleaning, prepping, set-up of all furniture and break down and final cleaning of area when event is complete.
- Supervise, coordinate and attend, as needed College events which may occur during evenings, and or on weekends.
- Attends meetings related to event planning for various departments including but not limited to Admissions, Advancement, Student Activities, Commencement as well as special assigned events.
- Schedule and supervise all staff for both custodial and housekeeping (including vacations, holidays, and assignment of overtime.
- Select and maintain an inventory of necessary supplies and equipment as permitted by college purchasing policies. Schedule all regular and special cleaning projects.
- Coordinates all internal moves with the campus, obtaining quotes from movers and coordinating with IT and ordering all needed signage to accommodate the move.
- Provides scopes of work and obtains quotes for all window treatments/shades on the campus, as well as any other assigned custodial improvement projects.
- Communicate regularly with Executive Director and Assistant Director of Facilities.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral). Understand and follow oral and written directions and effectively express ideas, suggestions, and recommendations, both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient with the computer and able to effectively navigate using Outlook, Word, Excel, and working knowledge of computerized work order system and/or record keeping systems highly desirable.
- Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities at one time and exceptional organizational skills in custodial/facilities.
- Interface with other department heads and administrators to determine specific, non-routine custodial needs as well as coordinating special events.
- Evaluate the work of outside contractors for cleaning and monitor the performance of the contractor for adherence to the contract requirements and the college’s expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of five year supervisor capacity managing, directing custodial operation, or experience in a related field.
- Experience managing housekeeping and custodial services in commercial building settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) preferred
- Requires valid New York State driver’s license. Must maintain a “satisfactory” driving record as evidenced by DMV.