Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date November 17, 2017
Position Title Environmental Educator/Researcher
Vacancy # V-1392
Division Academic Affairs
*** This position is located in Branchville, NJ 07826 ***
Montclair State University's field station, the New Jersey School of Conservation, is looking for a highly motivated research scientist to conduct biological research, mentor graduate students working on their MS in biology and teach within a highly successful residential Environmental Education program aimed at middle school students.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach environmentally based field sessions to visiting school groups and special interest groups who visit the NJSOC.
- Mentor graduate students, interns and staff.
- Conduct research in area of expertise.
- Work with NJDEP Endangered and Nongame Species personnel on existing research projects dealing with endangered and threatened species and species of special concern.
- Maintain permits
- Develop new lessons and classes
- Maintains equipment
- Evaluate programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- MS in Biology or related field.
- PhD in Biology or related field.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION