Cybersecurity and Information Systems Faculty
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for a faculty member in Cyber Security/Information Systems in the John E. Simon School of Business. Position will remain open until filled. This is an 11 month position based on the main campus in west Saint Louis County. Rank will be determined by qualifications.
The candidate will develop and teach primarily online undergraduate and graduate courses in the Cyber Security and Information Systems programs primarily focused in one, or more, of the following areas: Cyber Security, Business Data Analytics, and Software Development. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University's mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments.
• Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Cyber Security, Business, Statistics, or Information Technology related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Cyber Security, Analytics, or Software Engineering from a regionally accredited institution.
• Five years relevant, industry experience
• CISSP and / or other relevant industry certifications
One or more of the following qualifications:
• Experience with data analytics tools (Microsoft)
• Experience with full stack software
• Experience in online teaching and online course development
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.