Senior Associate Dean of Student Affairs
Senior Associate Dean of Student Affairs
University of Redlands
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
MONTHS/HOURS: 12-month position/40 hours per week
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The Division of Student Affairs (Student Affairs) is responsible for delivering non-academic and co-curricular student programs and services at the University of Redlands, a private liberal as a means to challenge and support the student experience specific to Athletics, Career and Professional Development, Community Service Learning, Community Standards and Well-Being, Counseling, Diversity and Inclusion, Greek Life, Health Care, Housing and Residence Life, Orientation, Outdoor Programs, Recreation, and Student Engagement.
Student Affairs is seeking a new Senior Associate Dean of Students (SrADS), who will join the University Dean of Student Affairs in leading the Division through the strategic planning in support of all U of R students – undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies – on the main campus and at our regional satellite campuses located throughout southern California. The SrADS will spend of majority on their time on the main campus in Redlands with particular attention paid to our 2400 traditional undergraduate student population, approximately 1600 of whom are residential students.
The Senior Associate Dean of Students will report directly to the University Dean of Student Affairs, and will assume a primary leadership role within the Division of Student Affairs, directing areas of responsibility that best align with the skill set they bring to the position. Reporting lines may include: Career and Professional Development, Community Service Learning, Community Standards and Well-Being, Counseling Services, Greek Life, Health Services, Recreation/Outdoor Programs, Residence Life and Housing, and/or Student Engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities across the organization will include:
- • Division Leadership. Acts as the senior operational co-leader of the Division of Student Affairs, and assumes leadership of the division in the absence of the University Dean.
• Strategic Planning and Implementation. Co-leads the development and implementation of a five-year strategic plan for the Division of Student Affairs. This strategic process will drive a comprehensive assessment and efficient redeployment of division resources to achieve the optimal delivery of programs and services for University of Redlands students.
• Program Supervision. Responsible for assuring systems, process, and protocol are maintained across the areas of responsibility, to include the regular development and maintenance of written policy that informs work across the division. Assumes fudiciary responsibility for budgets aligned with the areas of direct report.
• Student/Program Support. Aids in efforts to retain students, to include regular collaboration with academic colleagues, and coordinated initiatives across the division in response to student need. Engages in recruitment initiatives like Admitted First-Year Student Day, Connections Day, and Orientation. Serves as a trained investigator and works collaboratively with the Director and Coordinator of Title IX on enforcement, education and accountability. Supports student growth and development in the context of assigned areas of responsibility. Contributes to leadership development among the student body, as well as experiential education, a hallmark of the student experience at the University of Redlands.
• Staff Support. Leads professional development (PD) efforts across the division, to include the establishment of policy that governs the allocation of PD resources.
• Program Assessment and Improvement. Leads assessment efforts; serves on University-wide assessment committees, and guides efforts in support of WASC accreditation, to ensure a continuing commitment to the improvement of program quality within the division.
Master's degree in higher education or a related field, doctorate strongly preferred
Six years or more of progressive mid-level or higher leadership experience in Student Affairs on a residential college campus
Experience working with diverse student populations
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
Knowledge of, and experience with at-risk students, to include crisis response and service on a crisis response team
Five or more years of experience teaching first year student populations
Eight or more years of experience counseling a diverse population of students
Significant experience, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, creating new policy in response to changing needs, and guiding policy implementation
Training as a Title IX Investigator, and investigative experience with cases involving residential students
Experience leading/supervising and implementing orientation programs
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/sr.-associate-dean-of-student-affairs---3984/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE