Temporary Faculty Support Staff - Sturm College of Law
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (SCOL) is a top 100 law school with nationally ranked programs in environmental and natural resources law, legal writing, clinical training, international law and tax law. Our curriculum is innovative and global in its perspective, and our faculty are some of the finest in the nation.
As part of a team, each Faculty Support Specialist (FSS) shares responsibility for providing high level clerical, administrative, and base-line technical support to law faculty, Program Directors, and other SCOL departments. Providing this level of support helps the Sturm College of Law achieve its mission by providing support with legal education and multidisciplinary scholarship and research.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- A customer service approach to providing support is critical in order to be successful in this position
- Professionalism and the ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work-flow and work effectively in a team environment.
- Listening Skills
- Customer Service
- Two years college coursework plus at least two years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- BA/BS degree
- Previous work in an academic environment supporting programs and/or staff/faculty.
- Command of legal research tools (Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, etc.) and knowledge of legal citation.
- High level of experience with Microsoft Suite programs (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) is required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Friday, January 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.