Business Coordinator - Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) is the unified IT organization that supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University by providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DUs Impact 2025, the division aligns IT resources with University and unit strategic goals and operational plans, providing service in the spirit of One DU.
This position reports to the Director of Business and Operations and is responsible for overseeing, administering, and managing the day to day administrative operations of the IT division. S/he manages the IT business office and its daily financial operations including monthly and annual billings for the division, accounts payable, purchase requisitions, contract routing processes, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Business and Operations. The position will also oversee the administration and renewal of all software and hardware contracts and reconciliation of accruals.
- Perform the division's business office and its day to day functions including divisional billing, accounts payable, facilities requests, purchase requisitions, supply ordering and contract routing.
- Oversee administration of employee hire/termination for staff.
- Administer divisional hardware and software contracts.
- Oversee administration and maintenance of divisions fixed asset inventory.
- Apply policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedure.
- Identify, recognize, and resolve problems that have established precedents.
- Compile, organize, and analyze financial information and other data.
- Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents or reports.
- Coordinates varied records processing activities requiring the application and some interpretation of procedures, policies, laws, and regulations.
- Reviews information for completeness and accuracy using multiple guidelines.
- Recognizes, defines and resolves non-standard problems using operating procedures, practices and established precedents.
- This position will not have direct supervisory duties but will coordinate with other staff and work-studies within the department to insure the ongoing administrative operations of the division.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years financial and accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Higher education work experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Friday, January 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.