Description of work
University Registrar manages all functions within the Office of the University Registrar, overseeing the preservation of academic records; enrollment and registration; adherence to policy and regulatory requirements; support for curricular infrastructure systems and program development; graduation services; the collection and analysis of critical data; the promotion of data-informed strategic planning, decision making, and technology-based solutions; athletic certification; and management of a broad systems environment including university-managed systems and approved third-party software-as-a-service solutions.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Services and Enrollment Management (ASEM), the University Registrar is a key partner in developing programs that support Nebraska’s retention and graduation goals. This position collaborates with college deans and assistant/associate deans, the ASEM leadership team, the Office of Graduate Studies, and faculty to support the academic mission of the university. The University Registrar plays a key role in advising academic policy matters. The University Registrar works with various constituencies to review, adjust, and balance the interests of faculty, administrators and students in reference to the Office of the Registrar’s operations and practices. The University Registrar oversees a staff of 25.
- At least five years of leadership experience in a registrar’s office or related university area, with direct experience managing academic information and overseeing operations.
- Master’s degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience evaluating when and how processes should be developed or enhanced by identifying linkages between service for students, faculty and staff and information management systems.
- The ability to work effectively with academic leaders in addressing issues that have a substantial impact on the university.
- A management style that emphasizes teamwork, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, and support for individual staff improvement and advancement.
- Ten or more years of leadership experience in a registrar’s office or related area, with direct experience managing academic information and overseeing operations.
- Experience in a large university setting using the ORACLE PeopleSoft student information system.
For additional details and to apply, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_180002. Click “Apply to this Job” and complete the faculty form. Attach a cover letter, resume and list of references as three (3) separate documents in MS Word or PDF format. Review of applications begins February 12, 2018. Criminal history background check and driving record review will be conducted. Excellent benefits including staff/dependent scholarship program.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.