Education/Supportive Services Counselor
To provide academic support counseling, advocacy, academic and career development, and assist the director as a program resource/liaison with external community service organizations.
Student support services include:
- Provide academic counseling, advising, and supportive services to program
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of program students
- Provide individual and group academic counseling sessions
- Work with the director to develop and implement a mentoring program which includes tutors, administrators and faculty
- Assist in the media presence of the program
- Provide intellectual and supportive social interaction programming
- Assist programs administration in meeting program goals and objectives
- Assist in reporting, program evaluation, tutor recruitment, and summer program
- Assist in the development and writing of program proposals and grants
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field with 4 years counseling experience in an Opportunity Program, or work with an inner city youth program. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Job-related qualifications representing the knowledge, skills, and attributes an individual needs to possess in order to perform the job in a satisfactory manner. Excellent communication skills (Word, Datatel, Excel) workshop and presentation skills, creativity. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, computer skills; media communication experience. Ability to work effectively with students, staff and administrators.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via https://apply.interfolio.com/48353. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.