Chief Student Success Officer
Location: Unity, ME
Posted: Jan 14, '18
About Unity College:
For over fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. We believe that we should serve a broad range of students from all backgrounds across the U.S. ? and the world. To be responsive to the rapidly changing needs of students and society, Unity College has adopted an enterprise model as its institutional organization, expanding the college into two distinct units that offer both undergraduate and graduate environmental degrees: flagship campus and distance education.
On our flagship campus, our liberal arts curriculum is built upon a unique framework of sustainability science ? the first of its kind in the nation. A distinctive approach to learning provides our students with an exceptional, high-quality education, enabling them to drive real change with leading-edge knowledge and expertise within any of our 17 environmentally focused majors. Our unique location provides extraordinary opportunities for hands-on learning and research, and active and engaged students work together with forward-thinking faculty to make true community-based learning possible. From 225 wooded acres of farmland overlooking Unity Pond in the tranquil village of Unity, Maine, we prepare each of our students to make a mark on the world.
Our distance education unit, started in 2016, extends the effects of a Unity College education to adult learners, and beyond the physical confines of the flagship campus. Unity College Online offers affordable, accredited master's degrees and non-degree credits, ideal for working professionals seeking to advance their careers, helping students become the change maker the world needs while still honoring their commitments, wherever they are.
The Chief Student Success (CSSO) reports to President Dr. Melik P. Khoury and is responsible for leading the strategy and implementation to improve metrics and outcomes related to student success in the areas of student retention, persistence and graduation, student support, academic support, and co-curricular living and learning.
This senior position oversees comprehensive services for a passionate student body of 750+ and collaborates with faculty to maximize students' success and well-being across a multi-dimensional platform (Student Life, Residential Housing, Athletics, Wellness, Academic Support, Outdoor Adventure and Registration). The CSSO administers an expense budget of $500,000 and leads a staff of 17 dedicated to carrying out multiple initiatives directly impacting students.
The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration or a related discipline (terminal degree preferred) plus:
- Demonstrated passion for Unity College's mission.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the key areas of student success; must have experience in managing multiple departments.
- Successful experience preparing and executing student retention plans.
- Experience setting and meeting or exceeding retention, persistence, and graduation rate targets.
- Project and budget management experience and accountability including financial strategy experience.
- Record of leadership and service that demonstrates integrity and accountability.
- Strong, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills; communication style that is reflected in appropriate interaction with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience integrating curricular and co-curricular programs to achieve student learning outcomes.
- Collaborative yet decisive administrative style that encourages informed risk and creative thinking.
- Experience or formal training in crisis management issues.
- Ability to respond effectively and ability to objectively coach others and make recommendations to resolve complex, difficult, and/or emotional issues.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Assistant Vice President of KEES and Alison Lewin, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES is a retained search and nonprofit consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application at:
http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.