Workday Technical Analyst
Workday Technical Analyst
University of San Francisco
Reporting to the Workday Technical Manager in the ITS, Technology Services Department, this position will be responsible for the transformation, implementation, and daily operational support for the Workday ERP, specifically HCM and payroll. This position will be assisting in all phases of the project including: requirements gathering, configuration, development, testing and project deployment as well as be part of a team that provides ongoing operational development and support.
Candidate will have experience across the software development lifecycle: including identifying business requirements, designing and implementing technical solutions, as well as providing systems maintenance and support. This candidate is an energetic and a highly business-aware technology professional that has the ability to collaborate with colleagues across IT'S and USF as well as external partners and vendors
• Responsible for researching, troubleshooting and resolving production issues, leveraging best practices and developing long-standing solutions
• Maintain Workday integrations and provide troubleshooting
• Setup and maintain user security profiles in accordance with established security policies and protocols
• Support ad hoc or non-standard batch uploads.
• Configuration troubleshooting and setup according to the business and technical requirements
• Complete new configurations to tenant set-up or security profiles in Workday when requested or required.
• Contribute technical knowledge to operate within the Workday Business Process Framework
• Extract data from Workday employing calculated fields and transformations
• Translate business requirements into design and technical specs
• Develop complex reports on demand as needed.
• Schedule custom reports in Workday and outside Workday
• Manage impact of Workday major releases on integrations, identifying risks and opportunities for enhancements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other computer-related field, or 10 years equivalent enterprise experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Workday Administration, including Configuration.
• Understanding of the Workday data model, security, interfaces, reporting, and data load procedures.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with Workday Web Services API, Cloud Connect, RaaS,EIB, Workday Studio (integration tools in workday)
• Solid understanding of the Workday Business Object Model
• Demonstrate in-depth Workday Core HCM knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Minimum 2 years of the following:
o Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components
o Working experience realizing solutions from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with database migration and/or integration.
• Ability to optimize performance of custom reports
• Good knowledge of Ellucian Banner Administrative Suite (ERP)
• Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services and other SOA/Integration technologies
• Good knowledge of file security and file transmission techniques.
• Good knowledge of Informatica and other ETL tools
• Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL server, and other database models and systems.
• Good technical understanding of Data Quality and Master Data Management (MDM).
• Good technical understanding of JMS messaging on Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
• Strong understanding of system analysis, design and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Strong understanding of Unix/Linux shells scripting.
• Strong understanding of Windows system and services.
• Strong understanding of metrics and data analysis.
• Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to perform in pressure situations.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to troubleshoot data synchronization and integration issues
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a professional manner with an emphasis for service quality.
• Excellent documentation practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical clients.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Workday Certification
• Experience of other HR Technology tools.
• Previous experience in Higher Education, specifically Banner and/or Banner to Workday Migration/Integration (Common Matching, Finance, Student)
• Experience and understanding of Human Resources data.
• Business, Process, and Data Analysis skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good negotiation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work pro-actively and independently within a project framework
• Workday Talent and/or Performance Management certification is preferred.
• Workday report and integration development/troubleshooting is preferred.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.