Temporary Testing Center Assistant - Disability Services
The Testing Center Assistant position is a temporary, part-time, hourly, non-benefitted position with renewal contingent on funding for the 2018-2019 academic year. This position provides administrative support and reports to the DSP Academic Testing Coordinator. The Testing Center Assistant will work a minimum of 15 hours up to 25 hours per week. The sum of hours worked is not to exceed 1000 hours for all positions/jobs held by an hourly employee within the calendar year.
This is a non-benefited position. Please note, an important part of this job is to be available during the University Final Examination periods.
- Printing and preparing exam materials.
- Creating exam tracking information with accurate instructions and other details.
- Run daily reports used to track students and testing materials.
- Communication with students, faculty and staff by phone and email regarding exams.
- Respond to and troubleshoot testing issues.
- Cover proctor breaks and hours as needed.
- Assist in updating and creating informational materials for presentations, meetings, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organized, ability to plan, and detail oriented.
- Responsible and sense of accountability.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree.
- Work experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with ClockWork or other database management software.
- Experience with individuals with disabilities.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
Testing Center is open Monday - Friday from 8 am - 7 pm. Variable days and hours are assigned with the possibility of Saturday and Sunday hours during the University Final Examination periods. A typical weekly schedule will consist of working Monday - Friday from 2 pm - 7 pm.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.