ASST DIR, DIGITAL MARKETING AND STEWARDSHIP
Duties: The Penn Fund generates unrestricted and scholarship support for undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania. Gifts from undergraduate alumni, students, parents and friends are used to provide support for immediate budgetary needs including student financial aid, the residential experience, student life, academic support and special University initiatives. The Penn Fund is the largest Annual Fund at the University of Pennsylvania and annually solicits over 100,000 undergraduate alumni through a variety of channels including direct response, face-to-face and peer-to-peer strategies.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Donor Participation, the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing and Stewardship will serve an important role on the high performing Marketing and Donor Participation team within The Penn Fund. We are seeking a subject matter expert who will take the lead on managing all departmental e-communications via the university's broadcast email client, iModules. This includes multiple mass solicitation campaigns, stewardship communications, newsletters, and ala carte communications for specific classes. The selected individual will serve a critical function for the team by writing all solicitation and stewardship content as well as developing and implementing a comprehensive departmental stewardship plan which includes communications for our leadership annual giving society, consecutive giving society, and all participation level donors to The Penn Fund.
The candidate of choice must also possess proficient analytical skills by using data analysis tools to inform decision making with all of our donor behavior and generational alumni segments. The ideal candidate will freely share ideas, listen and value diversity of opinions, and actively contribute to the strategic direction of The Penn Fund's mass solicitation strategies.
* Under limited supervision with the direction from the Director of Marketing and Donor Participation, serve as lead on e-communications for The Penn Fund using the email client, iModules, including the creation, sending, and analysis of all Penn Fund emails.
* Provide leadership on evaluating and developing analysis tools that gauge e-communication and digital marketing progress and track success.
* Serve as the primary writer and voice of The Penn Fund by taking the lead on content generation for digital, print, and web communications.
* Strong attention to detail and copyediting for all Penn Fund communications that are sent to over 100,000 undergraduate alumni located across the globe.
* Serve as the Lead Project Manager and Vendor Relations Stewardship Specialist by creating and executing the stewardship plan for all direct mail, e-communications and social media campaigns.
* In collaboration with Associate Director of Data Analysis & Operations as well as the Direct Response Coordinator, serve an important and specialized subsidiary responsibility to prepare, cleanse, and upload data files for Penn Fund email projects including but not limited to: solicitations, stewardship, newsletters, and event related communications.
* Comprehensive management and implementation of all content related updates to all Penn Fund social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) as well as The Penn Fund website.
* Creative collaboration with Associate Director of Creative Communications on all Penn Fund direct mail and email campaigns aligning all online communication vehicles including but not limited to video and photography.
* Provide high level professional staff support for events including Alumni Weekend, The Penn Reunion Leadership Conference, Homecoming and more as needed. During high volume Penn Fund times including calendar year end and fiscal year end, assist with calling, email merging and additional strategies as needed to get team closer to departmental goals.
* Leadership management of The Stewardship and Engagement Committee of The Penn Fund Executive Board providing thought leadership on volunteer outreach and strategy, a critical frontline capacity within the marketing team.
* Hiring, onboarding and effective management of one undergraduate work study student.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required, two or more years of experience, knowledge of fundraising principles, concepts and techniques, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, demonstrated creativity and innovation, self motivated and comfortable working independently and on a team in a goals oriented environment. Proficient and demonstrated experience using MS WORD, EXCEL, Access, electronic communications tools , iModules, or comparable programs. Ability to adapt to future technologies. Experience working in higher education preferred. Experience in graphic design preferred. The ability to manage a complex set of responsibilities through a strong set of organizational and interpersonal skills, to take initiative and be proactive in expanding donor activation and retention. Exceptional writing, administrative and interpersonal skills required. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends. Love to work collaboratively in a group, have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute in a team orientated environment, driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead, think innovation is critical to success and support others in creative thinking, pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details, naturally challenge yourself and others to grow.
Reference Number: 90-27779
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Penn Fund
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: M-Writing/Communications/Public Relations